Monday, September 05, 2005

Guys in the Office

I have a picture of my nephew who's turning 1 on the 20th. I didn't know that it brought about mixed guesses from my colleagues. A few of my officemates though I was married and had a kid. One thought that it was me when I was young (hello, my nephew doesn't look like a girl at all!)

So I told my sister (the mom of my nephew) about it. She kidded me, saying, "Doesn't that scare away possible suitors in the office?"

I joked back, "No one's worth it in the office."

It was last week that I realized that there really isn't anyone with a potential in the office. They're either too short for me, married, or if they're tall they're quite goofy or weird.

Let's take one of the tall guys. Last week he got into a debate with another colleague regarding our upcoming raffle draw to give away a couple of iPods. He was arguing that MP3 players aren't practical because he has a CD player that can play 700Mb CDs that can hold almost 200 songs. He even sent me an email afterwards having ME explain to him the advantages of an iPod. I told him that MP3 players in general (I'm not a big fan of iPods and would rather explore other brands such as Creative, Samsung, Sony, etc) are handy because they're less bulky than CD players, yada yada. I told him maybe since he already had a CD payer he could do without an MP3 player, but as for someone like me, I can't always rely on my laptop to listen to my thousands of MP3s. I woudl then rather buy an MP3 player than a CD player. So enough about that.

Then there's the other tall guy. I don't know if my mind is playing games, but he could be interested in me. Or it is just coincidence every time I catch him looking at me. Anyways, after a company dinner last Friday a few of us hung out in a bar in one hotel along Orchard Road. It was then I realized how goofy he was. Seriously. He dances like my 10-year old cousin. His jokes are sometimes off.

The others, well, they're shorter than me, so I don't really have to talk about them.

Sigh. Oh well, I don't really want to have an architect as my partner anyways, but would have been bnice to have an inspiration in the office eh?

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger joyce said...

wag ka na umasa sa offce. better look from somewhere else. kahit samin eh... sobrang olats... kahit yung mga guys from our consultants, suppliers and clients. oh well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home