Monday, September 05, 2005

shopping hangover

My weekend was pretty eventful as it started off pretty interesting with the SIA dinner Friday evening. It was a bit blah, but it was nice dressing up for a change. Afterwards a few of us decided to go to a bar along Orchard Road. I think I should stay away from bars if I could. It truly isn't my scene.

I was able to go home by three. And got up at eight to get ready for my first swimming lesson. The lesson turned out better than I epected. When I first got into the pool, I started panicking. "What am I doing here?" But I think I achieved the goal for the first lesson of learning to breathe and to be more comfortable bringing my head down into the water (something I hardly did before Saturday!) So basically I'm quite proud of myself in that account.

Afterwards I went straight to Suntec Convention to go to one Food Expo and one IT expo. Both were a bit boring, as I have attended better ones before. I was also able to hold myself from buying an MP3 player for myself. (Should wait till November) But I decided to go to a Sale Event in one of the conference rooms, tagged as "Branded Fragrance Sale". Sounded harmless, but I should have known it spelled out danger.

When the guy at the entrance was offering me a shopping bag, I was about to shrug him off, but decided to get one anyways. Didn't want to look like a loser haha. (Remembering my trip to a by-invitation makeup sale weeks ago that I ended up buying nothing, as compared to the other girls who had their shopping bags full)

But lo and behold, after an one hour, I had two full shopping bags and quite over a hundred dollars out from my savings account. And there's also the fact I used up half a phone card calling my sister in Manila to ask her what she wanted.

Perfumes were priced 50% to 70% less, I got a new bag for hand carry, more than five bags, a gift for my friend's show NEXT YEAR, and a few accessories. Sophie Kinsella might as well have written about me. And when I went to the cashier the machine wouldn't accept my cash card. What?!? Talk about skipping a heartbeat, but turns out the server was just busy. Phew.

I should veer myself away from these bargains. It's only September, and my luggage is already filled. I don't know how I'll survive the next three months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home