Thursday, September 01, 2005

run-on

It's less than an hour till I can officially leave the office for the day. It's that certain timeframe wherein if you have completed a particular task it's a bit too late to start something new (unless you're a sadist which I'm so not) or too pissed if someone gives you a new task.

Just some random thoughts this afternoon.

1. I finally finished watching the second season of the o.c. Quite a dramatic ending. I think it was the first episode that I actually found Mischa Barton pretty. And Ryan looked weird while his brother was squeezing his neck to death.

2. Someone sent me the sex video of Jenna (from Survivor). Quite sick really. Or it's just me. Rather not comment.

3. It's fun making wish lists as two colleagues and I made a list of the possible prizes for our annual Dinner and Dance. We included an iPodo Photo, a Tungsten, spa and slimming treatment, a 3-in-1 printer, a digital camera, and air tickets, to name a few. I never win in these things. But what the heck, I'll just keep on crossing my fingers. Also it's funny how corporate gift suppliers come up with these unique items. I've been canvassing for door gifts and I discovered that there's such a thing as a shower radio -- one of those radios that has the usction thingies to cling to the tiles. Then there's this USB cup warmer. Something you actually plug into your laptop or CPU to warm your tea or coffee while working. Amazing.

4. Singaporeans don't have a good sense of dressing. Several of us architects from the company will be attending an annual function tomorrow. The invite said "formal". My colleague warned me that "formal" fo Singaporeans isn't the same as what I think it should be. She may be right. When I attended my colleague's post-wedding get-together. I kind of dressed up -- just jeans but I matched it with a more dressy blouse and my pointy black shoes. And I think I was over-dressed that evening comparing to the casual get-up of the others. Oh well, Me and a few colleagues -- ladies -- just thought of dressing up a bit tomorrow.

5. Funny that when I logged in to my yahoo messenger last night, I got offline messages from two guys from my past. Haha. I don't know what sign that is. But I've decided to be invisible from them since months ago. Tough luck for them. Haha.

6. I'm starting my swimming lessons this Saturday. Good luck to me! The lady coach seemed nice enough on the phone. But when I saw her picture in the website she looked quite butch. Oh well, good luck to me on that one too.

7. I'm just realizing how much a client could change his mind. I need some more patience in dealing with the endless revisions to my design.

8. A couple of colleagues were asking me why I don't go to the Middle East where there's more money, so I could save more. Told them it would be too boring, and I would be too lonely. Remind me that if I get any offer from there.


Okay that's a lucky 8. But I'm so glad it's already Friday tomorrow! Woohoo! And I am looking forward to the dinner event we're attending tomorrow. Should be a nice way to start off the weekend. I'll also be checking out the IT and food expo going on this weekend. Can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Footprint said...

i'm trying to figure out what this blog is about. i'll get back to ya..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home