Monday, January 09, 2006

Reviews 4

Let me go to my default topic whenever i absolutely have NOTHING to do. I can't believe I'm being paid for doing nothing. I was even pulled out from one of the projects since my two then-prenant colleagues who were also in the project have both given birth and can pick up from where they left off. Dunno if it's good for me. My boss would soon find out that I'm not doing anything. I COULD ask him for more work, but I know there's some competition project they'll be working on the next two weeks so I don't want to let them know I'm available!

So going back. Review time! After my holiday home (DVD marathon!) and a couple I watched during the past week, let me go through them:


MOVIE #1: Chicken Little

I actually found it quite pathetic. The only cute thing in it was the fish. Really. It was just a little over an hour. And the storyline wasn't so fantastic.



MOVIE #2 Sky High

Now this is much better. Quite a fun movie! And Steven Strait is a hottie! Compelled me to buy the DVD of his other movie, Undiscovered. When I first saw the posters for these movie, I was thinking, "What the heck? Where did this come from?" Then my sister recommended for me to get the DVD and I enjoyed it!


MOVIE #3 Undiscovered

I don't know if it's Ashlee Simpson's first movie, and I won't bother to research online, but I bought this cuz of Steven Strait. It's an okay movie. One of this Friday night movies.


MOVIE #4 In Her Shoes

A fun chick flick. Cameron Diaz is adorable. But I can't believe her sister is supposed to be the "fat one". Hello, if she's fat, what am I? But I guess anyone placed beside Cameron Diaz IS fat.


MOVIE #5 Elizabethtown

There's something about Kirsten Dunst that's so endearing. She's very plain looking, but she comes out in the movie so fresh and just so likeable. And Orlando Blooom is such a hottie! I was never really a fan of his during the Lord of the Rings days, but he's very adorable in this film. The movie gives me the same feeling as other Susan Sarandon movies -- Anywhere But Here, Banger Sisters (did I get the title right?). They're those learn-your-lessons type. A must watch cuz of the two lead roles.


MOVIE #6 The Perfect Score

I just saw this among my sisters' VCDs. Quite a cast -- Bryan Greenberg, Scarlett Johanssen, and Erika Christensen. Bryan Greenberg was still young but was already very cute! It's entertaining because of the forever-stoned Asian dude. A teeny version of Ocean's Eleven I guess.


MOVIE #7 Prime

Another fun movie. Bryan Greenberg and Uma Thurman make such a cute couple! I just love their getting-to-know you phase. Very romantic! Definitely the best phase for all relationships. A must-see I must say!


MOVIE #8 Spanglish

Paz Vega shines in this movie. A movie about motherhood indeed. And I didn't know Tea Leoni could be so funny! First time to see Adam Sandler not funny. A good film because of Paz Vega indeed.


MOVIE #9 If Only

I actually had high hopes for this movie. But it was still a good watch -- or better yet, a good cry. Jennifer Love Hewitt is still adorable. The guy is darn cute. It was more of what the guy did for her that makes the movie great. A must-see for guys who wanna win a girl's heart!


MOVIE #10 Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

A nice movie. Made me wish I were so tight with my high school girl friends. Guess it just doesn't work for everyone. Another movie that tugs at your heartstrings. A girl bonding movie!


MOVIE #11 The Happy Campers

Another one I found among my sister's VCDs. Quite a stupid movie actually. But I was surprised to see Brad Renfo not so cute anymore.


MOVIE #12 Phantom of the Opera

Just found the DVD at home. Just nice listening to the lovely and timeless music once again!


BOOK #1 Sam's Letters for Jennifer

After reading Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, I had to read this book. Thank goodness for a dicsount voucher from Borders, I invested in the book. It is the same melodrama as the previous novel. Written in James Patterson's simplistic ways, it comes out more heartfelt. The characters are very lovable. I read it in one sitting. Aside from it being relatively short, you just couldn't put it down. Or if you do you'll yearn to continue.


I didn't realize till now how much movies I watched over the past few weeks. To think I also watch one or two Korean and Filipino movies. Could have been more, but the other DVDs were defective. Sigh.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger joyce said...

ha?! you were able to watch that long list of movies?! bow ako sa yo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home