Tuesday, December 06, 2005

gripes

Yesterday after work, I booked my flight for Chinese New Year for Bangkok and Phuket. I was thinking yesterday that it was exactly two months till my scheduled flight from Phuket to Singapore. So near yet so far.

I just keep on dreaming about vacations now. Now when I don't feel too well. Maybe I've been working myself too much these past few days with everything going on. But I'm sure once our plane touches down on the NAIA runway, I would forget all tiredness and weakness.

I was ranting with my colleague this morning (the colleague -- let's call him Batman -- who has asked me out already a couple of times but I always have a reason not to make it -- true and valid ones) that I was getting all the complaints regarding our office annual dinner. Some old ladies didn't like the food. They said it wasn't worth the price. Then our office messenger said it wasn't his scope to pick up the remaining bottles of wine at the hotel. (When my superior said I can have the messengers pick them up but I don't want to push the issue anymore.) So I have the burden of picking them up tomorrow. But the same colleague, Batman, volunteered to come with me. Oh well, we would just be keeping a couple of bottles for our own consumption. Serves them right for making us pick them up ourselves.

I guess I'm being such a brat now. I'm just being restless and excited about flying home after more than five months.

And one of my clients, after informing her that I would be in leave starting Thursday, wished me a good holiday and a merry christmas. How sweet. I honestly don't know why my bitchy colleague doesn't like her. When we need more people like her -- sweet and kind -- to brighten your day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home