Monday, November 28, 2005

getting sentimental like a pregnant woman

This weekend was pretty busy for me. At least I was able to lengthen it a bit by getting medical leave for myself Friday afternoon (Yeah, yeah, I exaggerated a bit. But I was feeling lazy hehe). So instead of supposedly resting, I did some shopping for our annual dinner which is this Friday. I just hope our finance person doesn't check the time the items were purchased haha.

But while getting some stuff for our office, I ended up eyeing a dress that I didn't need. But it was just so pretty! And it fit perfectly on me! (despite the fact I have already stopped my diet) And it was reasonably priced for such dress in Singapore standards! I had to have it! But I'm proud of myself as I exercised discipline by not buying it immediately. I went home to think about it, consulted with my friends, my mom and my sister. And they all actually pushed me to buy it! (Talking about laying the blame on others! hehehe) But still, discipline. I said if I really missed it I'll buy it Sunday.

Saturday evening, after an afternoon of more shopping, I met up with friends, old and new. My high school friend pointed out that the Christmas decors make her homesick. Which I could relate with. Nothing like Christmas to make you miss your family and friends. So note to self: never spend Christmas away from your loved ones. Even if it means taking unpaid leave.

So what did I accomplish from going out with my friends and meeting their friends? The urge to watch Rent: The Musical. It just opened during the weekend. So the next morning I texted a colleague of mine. Luckily (or not?) she also wanted to watch it and was looking for someone to watch it with. Bingo! So that's another last-minute expense. Oh well, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it anyway. Original Broadway case except for Karen Mok. Wow. It should be quite something!

Sunday morning, more shopping. My sister suddenly had me buy a digital camera for her. Then I finally bought the dress. Yes, I'm still happy buying it. I can't wait for my mom and sister to see it. I've only sent an mms of it hehe. Good thing the shoes I bought a few weeks ago match it quite well.

Sunday afternoon was mostly chores. I started packing my stuff for our move. Then while watching the opening fo the SEA Games in Manila, I was creating my costume for our annual dinner. I'm also quite excited for my costume! It turned out better than I expected. But back to the SEA Games. It was a bit sentimental for me watching it from a foreign country. I was a tad proud of my homeland though. I know there were some issues in the preparations but I think it turned out okay. I actually got a bit teary eyed when I saw Akiko Thomson getting teary eyed. I enjoyed the show of Rivermaya. Hated it when they cut for comemrcial during "Ulan" though. Stupid timing. But I'm so glad I'll be flying home soon.

As I was telling my friend, if only I can fly home for Christmas this early every year. Maybe, I could eh?

Oh, if you might be wondering about that guy who sent me flowers. He's an odd one. If his actions show his interest in me, I think it lived just as long as the life of the pretty flowers he sent me. He asked me out for dinner Friday night. I compromised by inviting him to join me and my friends. Then he backs out! Geez, he was the one who asked me out in the first place! Then since then he hasn't contacted me. Did I just scare him away? Thank goodness I'm not really interested in him. So all I can say is, "Tough luck for him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home