Tuesday, November 22, 2005

it's tough for guys

I received my first bouquet of roses here in Singapore. I have received flowers before in Manila but if I remember right they were just from the guys who took me to their prom or grad ball.

He had it delivered to to my office. Dunno if that was why he asked about the address of my office.

Our office receptionist even read the card before calling me. Our office cleaning lady tried to look for a vase but the bouquet wouldn't fit. So right now it's actually in an empty dust bin. Hahaha.

They're beautiful flowers (with a rather cheezy greeting in the card). Half a dozen of pink and white roses. I know flowers cost a lot here. I'm truly flattered. Of course I wish it came from someone else, but I'm being unfair to the sender. It's just quite surprising since I hardly know the guy, he hardly knows me. I don't even know his surname! He hasn't made a good impression yet. But as my colleague teased me, "Interest can be cultivated."

I really don't know.

That's why I was telling my cousin that it's tough for guys. If the flowers came from someone who seemed more interesting to me I would have been swooning by now. But I'm not. My two male colleagues are even playfully bidding on it to give to their wife or girlfriend. And for a second I even considered taking up on the offer! Hahaha.

I'm so mean really. I know his intentions may be good. I guess it shouldn't be so bad trying to get to know him better.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Maniniyut said...

yes, madam. it's tough for guys. i wish him luck...well, it depends on you how he will fare ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home