Wednesday, November 30, 2005

things happening behind your back

I attended a lunch meeting/ seminar today that's why I wasn't able to lunch with my co-committee members for our annual dinner and dance.

When they came back from lunch, two of the guys started crowding me. One guy was telling me that there should be something I should know, while the other was telling me not to believe what the other guy is saying.

Okay, before you get confused. Let's call Guy Number One as Ted, while Guy Number Two is Carl. Ted sits across from me in our office setup while Carl is just a guy who is active in the committee, and has semi-asked me out before. Physically, both of them are lanky, probably around 6 feet tall.

Then I'll introduce another character.Let's call her Anna. She's the office bombshell, having been drunk in two different office gatherings, cosmetically-enhanced-looking assets, and a bearing of what I find as typical among those who grew up in the West.

So going back to my story. Carl was telling me that while they were walking to lunch someone commented that many of the guys in our office have the same frame -- lanky. I can think of four guys that fit that description. Then, apparently, Carl commented to Anna, who was there with them that she had a certain built. But the way Ted relayed it to me, he said that both Anna and I had big builts unlike most Singaporean women (Anna's Singaporean!)

Fat, big built, gifted -- I really don't know what he meant but he later sent out a sticky note (like pop mail) to us involved. Except for the names I didn't edit anything else. So whatever grammatical error there is, it ain't mine!

Well well, I've spent the last fifteen minutes trying to write this sticky note and hoping to make it sound right but I still have this feeling that whatever I say I'm just gonna be chop suey when ____ (insert my name) and Anna comes onto stage for the final opening scene. Hmmmm….Lucky me huh? Pounded bat soup then.

But yesssssssssss, truthfully and honestly I have to say that tall women who I might add, having a big-built are rare in Singapore and I think they should be complimented here and there once in a while. But well that's what I feel anyway. Wouldn't you say? But unlike my sis who's tall and slim, she's always on a diet and stuff. It's strange I find sometimes that most local women are in fact tall...and sadly thin.

Correct me if I am wrong here but is it a fashion thing?

But I think confidence is the way to go and I think ____ (insert my name) and Anna exudes that sort of personality and characteristic each and everyday and with that aura of a 'never-say-die' attitude. A go-getter actually...
Okay there...I've said it. Can I go now?

Anyway Spongebob's dead so shoot me if I'm not making sense here....I’m in tears already. Sob, sob.
Please reply…somebody, anybody? Hello?


So there. Maybe you might get confused with the context of his sticky note but it revolves around our dinner and dance theme (It's cartoon).

Well all I can say is boys will be boys. I have no one but myself to please with the way I look :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home