Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Getting to Know Me

Some people read all these self-help books but I think these books carry pointers that we already know ourselves. We just see them in writing and they serve as a reminder. It's also like asking for advice from someone else. You ask for advice hoping that person would tell you what you want to hear. You may guess what they will tell you but you'd rather have it come from someone else than just acting on what your own instincts tell you.

During the past few months I've poured out my complaints, depressions, thoughts to several people. Some offered their advice, but in the end I just did what I knew would be the best decision for my situation. So far, things have been better. I don't know for how long, but I'll enjoy it while things aren't so burdensome.

And for the past few days I discovered something about the way I work -- it's just like the way I type. Fast, not perfect, but gets the point across. If you scan through my blog entries I bet you'll see countless typo errors. My sister calls me a dyslexic typist. I don't type with the right fingers. I never learned to do so. But in my own way I type fast, and people still understand me. Or so I think.

Even during my schooldays, I was one of the first to finish those multiple-choice exams, usually not bothering to re-check my answers. There were only those times I marked the numbers I had to get back to. But otherwise, I passed my paper without reviewing my answers. I passed anyway, right? Maybe some would even think it's "passing with flying colors". Allow me to brag. School's been over years ago. I can just laugh about it now.

Workwise, I make several booboos. But I consider myself a fast worker. Sometimes I convince myself a fast learner too. You can analyze what this says about me. I'm no perfectionist. I just do what I have to do. If it inspires me enough, I exert extra effort to do what I could within the constraints of time, knowledge, skills, etc. But if not, I just do things at my own pace.

Take me or leave me.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger mush said...

sometimes, i wish i could be just like that - not think too much and just get the work done.;;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home