Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Me, Myself and I

A few weeks ago I wrote an entry about the caucasian couple that I was eavesdropping on during my bus ride to work.

Yesterday I encountered the guy again. No more American lady.

Although the impression their conversations gave me was that the bad-accent guy was just pestering the girl, I still felt bad that there he was all alone. But I noticed that for every stop he would look at the new batch of people coming in, like he was looking for another companion. Then a few stops away, another caucasian guy got in the bus. Apparently they knew each other. If they met during a bus ride, I don't know. Bad-accent guy was offering the seat beside him to geek-looking guy. Mr. Geek declined. It was Mr. Bad-Accent who did most of the talking. I didn't bother listening anymore. His accent was starting to get to me.

A couple of times later Mr. Bad Accent offering the seat next to him but Mr. Geek still refused.

I don't know what's up with Mr. Bad Accent that he seems so desperate to have a companion.

It's true what I tell most of the people I talk to... to survive Singapore, you should bring out the loner in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home