Wednesday, July 05, 2006

filipino way of thinking and humor

I just gotta quote this guy. Sorry, I don't know you, Valentin. I just picked it up from my friend (who must know you) So if you end up reading this, hope you don't mind. The least I can do is mention your name.

"But last Saturday, I watched the England vs. Portugal game with friends, while drinking. The drinking makes you an expert in the game. And suddenly everyone becomes deaf so you have to shout in every dialogue. You also begin to have an English, German and even a Portugese accent. Watching football should be done in groups, drinking beer and with friends. Its so much fun that way." - Valentin Posadas

Hahaha. I like your thinking, man. Makes me wish I followed the World Cup. It's really great how Filipinos find humour and lightness in every situation.

Yesterday one of our office secretaries, an fifty-something grouchy auntie commented that I smile to much. I answered back, "What's wrong with smiling?" She muttered something about me being too happy. Eh? Sorry I'm not as grouchy as you.

I'll just keep on smiling...

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder they have the Singapore smile campaign. :)Smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home