Friday, September 23, 2005

i get the worst pick-up lines....

I already wrote in a previous entry about the guy in my condo whose pick-up line, which he tried on me was about my makeup.

Well just yesterday, one of the newer guys in the office -- whom I find quite odd through his outrageous ideas and beliefs -- requested to buy a snack for him in the cafeteria int he basement since he found out I was going down to get something at Delifrance. (I don't usually, and I'm not supposed to snack after lunch but the stress is killing me!)

So when I went back up, it was quite natural that we both sit at the same table at the pantry. I was trying to work, while we were making small talk. I didn't mind the break anyways. Since we were both in the committee for our company's dinner and dance I brought up my latest findings for our door gifts. It's an A5 leather folder, wherein we would have our company name embossed. He asked me if it would be black or red. I told him it would be black. He said, "Good, red would be quite odd. Black or white is good, since they're both classic."

So me, since I'm into those trivias, I told him, "did you ever learn in gradeschool that black is the absence of color and that white is the presence of all colors?"

Apparently, he didn't know that. Geez, he's an architect, how could he not know?

So I told him, "If you get yourself a color wheel, place a pencil through it, then spin it like a top, you would just see white, instead of the six colors of the color wheel."

This amused him.

A while later he left me to continue working (a few of us make the pantry our extension of the our workspace since the view is much nicer.. . we get to see the skyline of Singapore) Before he left totally he looked back and said, "Hey, maybe one of these days we could meet up after office hours and exchange trivia."

Oh dear.

I truly atract the wrong types.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home