Monday, September 12, 2005

fear is a mind killer

This line I would never forget. It was probably fifth or sixth grade when our Language teacher had us memorize this poem and recite it with feelings. Usual grade school activities.

Anyways, this held true for the past two weeks when I started my swimming lessons. Yep, better believe it. I never learned to swim. Was never comfortable dunking my head into the water, and panicked whenever I reach the deep end of the water when my feet doesn't touch the tiled floor anymore.

But after just two sessions of 45 minutes each, I have already learned the breathing technique, (so I could already bring my head below the water) and I could already do floating, and gliding. *bow*

My parents were asking me why I thought of taking swimming lessons. I have several reasons, actually.

1. It's just one of those things in my life that I want to tick. I don't want to regret not ever being able to swim.
2. Being in a foreign land surrounded by countries with world-renowned beaches, I would miss out so much if I skip trips or not maximize vacations because I couldn't swim.
3. Too many people are telling me that I should learn to swim, so I could finally make them shut up. Haha.
4. I could maximize my condo's swimming pool facilities.
5. I have another form of exercise without sweating.
6. For safety, of course. I've been travelling more, so knowing hw to swim would be very useful.
7. I can now apply to be a flight stewardess. Hahahhaa, just kidding.

As I have been telling my parents and friends, I'm a bit arrogant during my lessons because the other student -- an Indian lady older than me -- is more scared than I am.

Sometimes it's all in the mind, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home