Thursday, September 08, 2005

what makes me happy?

It's funny that yesterday when I left the office (on time! woohoo!) I walked out along with one of our MIS guys. (one of those guys who's been part of the company like forever, and is really friendly). He commented, "You seem very happy today."

I was quite surprised with his observation. Where did that come from?

I tried to reflect on what went on during the day to make him think that.

1. I dressed up in my better clothes (Don't you as well have your favorite outfits?) since I thought I would be meeting some people for drinks after work. I decided to back out however since I had work to do.
2. I was able to get out of the office during the morning to take some photos in one of our sites, which is startegically along Orchard Road so I was able to take my sweet time, hehe.
3. I got free lunch because of our Dinner and Dance committee meeting.

That's it. It doesn't seem to be an exceptional day. But work-wise it was not stressful, with just a steady amount of work during the day.

So I could zoom it down on the fact that it was a stress-free day and that I felt like I looked good because of my outfit. So I've decided to treat myself to one piece of clothing from my favorite store per month. That sounds reasonable right? I haven't been feeling good about most of my clothes lately, with just having a few items that I am really comfortable with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home