Friday, September 16, 2005

small firm, big firm... and of opportunities

I've never really worked in a small firm. But I've always wondered how it would be. Small firms mean small projects... which I prefer really. But small firms may mean more work (since less staff) and less pay.

This irritating officemate of mine (a Filipino) keeps on asking me why I get these sideline jobs and what not. He reasoned that I didn't need the money, and wouldn't I rather spend my time away from the office not work-related?

The money isn't the main reason, but of course it is welcomed. But I grab these opportunities to practice working on these small projects. At least in a way I get to experience the bext of both worlds. But believe me, it could be very taxing. I sometimes miss going out with my friends to work. I work instead of watching the pile of DVDs I borrowed from my friend.

But who could blame me, ever since I got here Carpe Diem has been my motto. I've grabbed every opportunity that came my way. It's like the freedom and independence I obtained from nmoving here made me a madwoman when it comes to opportunities.

But I have no regrets so far. I still can't wait till my designs are finally constructed. Something to call my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home