Wednesday, January 18, 2006

the case of the annual bonus

I have been expecting it for the past few days. The whole office knows that the annual bonus comes before the Chinese New Year office shutdown.

And I'm quite glad. I received more than what I expected. My boss hinted before anyways that last year was a good year. So of course I was slightly hoping that it would be more than expected.

But I spoke to my seatmate, a guy draftsman. He was a tad disappointed. I know he's been here for years now (definitely longer than I have) and I'm quite sure he works harder than I do (I think the whole office works harder than I do! But then again, hours logged in doesn't necessarily mean more work done right?). It just sucks that I get a bigger bonus (or I just assume) because of my title as an architect, while he's a draftsman.

Oh the hierarchy of real life! Or rather, the corporate world. Unjust, it definitely is.

So to make them feel slightly better, I'm treating a couple of them for cakes by the end of the week or maybe Monday. Maybe to lessen my guilt of not being as busy that I should be. I know that I could do much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home