Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm Officially Just an Office Speck

I had two meetings today. One before lunch, and one after. The first was a big-deal meeting since the three CEOs of the three parties involved attended. I don't really know why. The discussion was all the usual anyways.

The meeting ended in time for lunch. I thought everything was going so well. My colleague was supposed to drive home to change while I would go back to the office first. I wanted to change shoes since my next meeting would be on site. But I didn't have to. So one thing led to another and our CEO invited me and my colleague (a superior too) to lunch. So I can't turn them down right? And to think I was all set in not eating lunch today to follow my detox plan.

So during lunch our CEO and my colleague were just talking (as if I wasn't there!) I was just there enjoying my food, pretending I was interested in what they were talking about. Then someone who know our CEO came over to our table and our CEO introduced us... And that's when I realized he didn't know my name! Oh geez! How embarrassing is that? I'm sure he knows me by face. But by name, well, I guess it's because I never worked directly with him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess CEOs don't really get to know everyone right? There are indeed 120 of us in the office. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home