Friday, January 20, 2006

lazy bones

I remember when I was younger my siblings used to call me "mantika" (meaing "oil" -- I don't know where that term came from but it's pretty common in the Philippines I think ) because I kept on sleeping (now I wonder if that was the reason I got tall) or that they had a hard time waking me up. I wasn't also the most hardworking among us since I abhorred doing chores. And they knew it. We would be at war (and I got scolded) for hating to do chores. I've always told myself I'll earn enough in the future to make sure I could hire a domestic helper. It's funny that when I was very hardworking in school (I would usually do all the work for groupworks), I rebelled when it came to house chores.

And until now I stall when I should clean my bathroom. And when my housemates say we should do general cleaning in the apartment my mind is saying, "Damn."

Some people don't change I guess.

And funny thing is, I admit it. Haha.

The thing is, no one can dictate what I should do. I make my own time. And I work best when I just have myself as a boss.I guess after all these years I've realized this about myself.

No wonder this corporate setting isn't my thing.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger joyce said...

me too! i think i can't work when i'm not the boss. no wonder we think of nothing but planning our own business.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home