Friday, January 20, 2006

no, i just yawned

My officemate (who'se actually my flatmate) caught me teary-eyed in the office. I quickly replied that I just yawned. Hence, the watery eyes.

My fault. I was emailing an old friend, and we were talking about our nephews. I was telling that old friend that it's so hard that every time I flight home, my nephew doesn't recognize me. It would take him a few hours to get used to the sight of me before he comes to me to be carried.

Which, of course, is inevitable. He is just a baby anyway. But it sucks, you know? You spend months missing the people that matter to you. Then you try to hold a strong face. Well, that's just me. But it won't help if I break down and cry right?

I remember during my gradeschool days, I tried playing this game with a classmate -- who can cry first by force? I never won. But maybe if someone takes up my offer for a duel right now, I would definitely win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home