Sunday, October 09, 2005

immigration decided for me

Ever since last week, I was having second thoughts about staying longer than my two-year contract here. I was thinking if the occasional emotional baggage was worth it. But I realized that no matter where I would be, there would be problems. I don't think coming home would safeguard me from that. You get hurt, you get depressed. But you just move on.

But my mail this morning was maybe my sign. My application for permanent residence was approved, and I totally didn't expect it. It came almost a month late (approval usually takes three weeks to a month, even if they alot three months for the processing).

So what does this mean? I'm bound to my company for another two years. Which isn't so bad if I decide to leave before then, as the penalty isn't a big amount.

Anyways, I'll just try my best to fly home as often as I could.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Madridista Mac said...

Congratulations on the PR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home