Monday, October 10, 2005

Reviews 2

I've been able to relax a bit during the weekend and I was able to watch several stuff, tried new food, etc.

So on this lazy Monday morning, I'm going to have my reviews again!

#1 A Love Story in Harvard
Category: Drama Series

Okay, I'm one of those who watch the Asian drama series. Aside from the universal Meteor Garden, I watched a few other series, mostly Korean, care of my sister. Whenever I fly home I load in a series or two into my laptop. When you're bored or feel like bumming, it's quite a welcome you know?

Anyways, A Love Story in Harvard was highly recommended by my mom (Yep, she's into those too!). And anyways, I think I was a bit disappointed. The male lead actor is a really good one, but the rest seemed pathetic. The female lead lacked emotion, the male villain (one of) just kept on crying. Hello? But nevertheless the series showed me how prestigious it would be to study in Harvard! But I should stop with my fantasy. I don't want to study anymore, haha.

But it's okay, the series kept me busy for a few days.

Rating: 3 stars


#2 Mamma Lucia
Category: Food

My girl friends and I decided to have a girls' night out Saturday night (to appease myself after a hellish two weeks and having to come to work on a Saturday for a presentation) so we treated ourselves to more-expensive-than-usual meal at Mamma Lucia at Robertson Walk. It is one of those rustic Italian places (they also serve Brazilian food) that had dozens of types of pasta. The appetizers was good, the carpaccio was excellent, my cannelloni was dripping with cheese (mmm....) and my friends were happy with their dessert (Yes, be proud of me. I was able to resist ordering a Panacotta) Despite the pricey items, it was darn good. We even splurged on a bottle of wine to go with the meal.


Rating: 4 1/2 stars


#3 Cafe Iguana
Category: Bar


After our Italian dinner, we headed to Clarke Quay and had some drinks at Cafe Iguana. I was disappointed they didn't have my usuals of Malibu or Cointreau, but we were happy enough with our jug of Marharita that only cost less than 16 bucks! I don't know if it was the happy hour or something, but it was quite a good deal. The ambience was alright. Typical open-air bar, with an entertainment of drunken foreigners taking their shirts off, haha.

Rating: 3 stars


#4 Grosse Point Blank
Category: Movie

Except for going to mass, I decided to stay back the whole day. After finishing my Korean series, I decided to watch this 1990's John Cusack starrer. One of those with the intelligent dialogue, but it was enough for me to just watch John Cusack. He and his sister Joan make just a great tandem. I was never a Minnie Driver fan though.

Rating: 3 stars

#5 House of Wax
Category: Movie

Really gory. I'm just glad Chad Michael Murray remained alive and that Paris Hilton died.

Rating: 2 1/2 stars

#6 Sarpino's Pizza
Category: Food

My housemate shared with me her leftover pizza delivery from Saturday. Instead of the usual Pizza Hut or Canadian Pizza, she tried Sarpino's from East Coast I think. The pizza was really good -- lots of meat, reminds me of Tahanan Village's Brooklyn Pizza, Pork-o flavor. Yummm... The pasta wasn't so great though, as well as the garlic bread.

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

Well that's all for now. I should have more lined up for the next, since I've acquired The Dukes of Hazzard, The Prince and Me, Monster in Law, Supersize Me, and a couple more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home