Monday, May 21, 2007

asian trekker for a couple of weeks (part 1)

The joy of being fresh out of work and being officially in-between jobs! I know this is short-lived but I'm hoping my sideline businesses will cover my expenses for the next weeks haha.

I took advantage of this period to travel a bit. So from here in Singapore my friends and I took a road trip to Kuala Lumpur. I've lived here for almost 3 years now but I never got the chance to make my way to have my photo taken with the famous Petronas Towers haha.

We stayed in this backpackers' hostel named Guest Havenhouse which is highly recommended for its cleanliness (as it is still relatively new), good service (they actually clean up your room when you are away!) and one of it's part-owners is hot! Wahahahaha. The morning with the ol' Petronas Towers was cool but aside from that KL -- for me -- isn't a place that I would go back to soon. Or ever? Nothing much to do. The food is good, the shopping is mediocre. The supposedly tourist attraction Central Market is very lame. I guess staying overnight is more than enough for this place. The bus ride was quite comfortable though. No "bus smell" (I feel like the scent of old bubblegum permeates most buses -- or is just their air freshener?), and I managed to sleep a couple of hours. And the seats recline just like what I see in movies for first class airline seats.

So that was two weekends ago. Just this weekend I cam from Bangkok. My third visit in three years. I just want to go back! Stayed in another backpackers' hostel but I didn't like it so much. Run down, not so good location. You'd know if the location isn't good when the cab drivers demand exorbitant rates for sending you there from the Suan Lum night market! Good thing nice cab driver Mr. Rung drove us by meter! Bangkok is still THE place for any girl's shopping needs. Prices are pretty much Manila prices but the great unique finds! And flying from SG is much cheaper than flying from Manila as my airfare PLUS my accommodations PLUS my shopping equal to just the airfare to Manila.

I've got a day now to breathe then I'm flying home to Manila tomorrow! That's the best part! I'll be writing about it again soon, as we will also be going to Bohol sometime June. Woohoo!

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Я вероятно простой промолчу [url=http://profvesti.ru/stroitelstvo-bani.html]строительный портал россии[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home