Tuesday, May 15, 2007

chance to live life

I guess it's a sign when I'm starting to NOT have a life when I just keep on associating myself with the people I see on TV. Like this afternoon I was watching the latest episode of Gilmore Girls and I related to Rory's thoughts when she said that for a while she was scared that her life was undecided when her dream of joining the New York Times was shut off, and all her other chances just flew away. But now she was excited that life was wide open for her.

Yesterday was my last day in my job of 2 years and 11 months. I was telling myself this morning it was my first day of being unemployed or of being in between jobs. Was about to put in "officially unemployed" in my yahoo status message but I remembered that I am a naturally optimistic person. So instead I put in "I'm free!"

Indeed I am. So yes, I agree with Rory. I have life wide open for me! And this is my chance to live life the way I dreamt of.

And going back to my not-having-a-life tendency, as what Meredith Grey said in one of the recent episodes, "Everyone's dream is having the chance to keep on dreaming."

So allow me to still watch my TV shows. But I'm going to live beyond that. I'm actually going to do something about my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home