Tuesday, October 25, 2005

independence vs. loneliness

I remember when my parents first announced to my relatives that I would be working abroad. One of my aunts, who was based in the US for several years, said that I would enjoy the freedom.

My friend (more of just an acquaintance and occasional chat friend hehe) observed that it seemed like I am enjoying the indepence more than the loneliness gets to me. I told him I feel that way sometimes, but the other times it's the other way around.

It's always been my theory that you need to be a certain level of hermit to survive here. I've always been one. But I always had my family there for me when I was too bored.

I know this is the best time to learn more about myself. And maybe develop into a better person. I admit that my character development is not all positive. I have my selfish tendencies. I still have to work on that one. And there's my lazy tendencies, as I previously wrote about.

But as this girl told me said, I'll find that perfect blend of my old and new home. Although, I don't find Singapore as home. (maybe not yet?) I find it as a transition place. Lead me to where I really belong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home