Tuesday, October 18, 2005

rainy days

I miss school days missed because of typhoons. Selfish of me, I know, since strong typhoons mean people suffering. But on this rainy afternoon with an hour left of work, I couldn't help but miss those last-minute school "holidays".

I loved it when they cancelled school in time for us to watch the NBA playoffs.

I loved it that my mom would cook champorado for breakfast (We already had breakfast before "going to school and finding out school was cancelled but who cares? Champorado is the perfect match for a rainy morning!)

I loved it when my dad would go all the way to Ma Mon Luk (is that how you spell it?) to get its ever-famous mami and siopao.

I loved having my afternoon naps. Sometimes the rainy season is more conducive for sleeping than air-conditioning!

Its funny that there was so much chaos at school whenever school gets cancelled. What's one day of school anyways? Of course they're thinking of those who live farther away, and might get stranded. (They're already out of their house so they ARE already stranded!) But the memories, darn, I wish I could have those days again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home