Wednesday, October 19, 2005

singlehood has its perks

Last night, some friends/ colleagues and I attended a charity gala, with the president as the honourable guest. A reason to dress up it was, that's why I decided to go. (And you don't come across a thousand-dollar meal for free anytime!)

My friend decided to bring along her boyfriend last minute. He did meet us there. But felt out of place for just wearing a short-sleeved polo. It was a lounge suit/ evening dress affair. Really, none of us cared what he wore. I personally thought he was dressed fine. I guess guys could have their insecurities some time too.

So to make a long story short, my friend and her boyfriend ended up leaving just as the event was about to kick-off. A petty quarrel. Well, they missed a good dinner and some good freebies.

Less than 24 hours later, just a few minutes ago, my friend was sent a bouquet of flowers. And all's forgiven.

For a second there I was envious since I had no one to send me flowers for any occasion at all. But then again, at least I had no one to make me miss a dinner out with friends.

So let me celebrate being single for this minute. Let me relish it before I go back to thinking I'm lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home